World-Shaker: Dream classroom:
- Windows. Lots and lots of natural light.
- Couch(es). At least one, for reading and thinking and talking with students.
- Standing desk(s). I want one, I want there to be some for students as well.
- Flat walls. Mine right now are tin.
- A huge whiteboard or chalkboard. Or two, on more than one wall.
What would be your top 5 things you want in a classroom?
1. Skylights and windows.
2. Padded workspaces and these desks.
3. An HD projector hooked up to an Apple TV.
4. A whiteboard that literally takes up an entire wall.
5. White noise generators.
I would add:
~lots of natrual or soft lighting
~Glow in the dark stars that form constellations on the ceiling
~lots of musical insturments
~lots of open space for the children to move around
~Windows with an herb/vegetable garden outside
~couches or comfy chairs, especially in the reading area
~having a sink and if at all possible a bathroom connected to the room
~well organized cabinets
~huge walls to display childrens work
~have paintings and sculptures around the room to inspire children
~Dramatic play area (even with older children) filled with costumes and puppets for the children to use
~a puzzle table/scrabble table
~easels for the children to use all the time
~constant flow of different art materials (many having been recycled things)
~lots of photos of the children on the walls
~giant bean bags or comfy pillows for when they are on the rug
~a pet in the room
~woods for the children to explore when they are outside
~lots and lots of books
~all kinds of manipulative for children to use
and much much more
(Source: itssnix, via roxannewright)